Here in Colorado, we have several weather patterns that make choosing a siding to protect your home a big deal. From the intense UV rays present at over 5000 ft of elevation to the epic hailstorms that ravish the front range–certain sidings just work better here. Read below to find out which types of siding we, here at Siding Colorado, think work best for homes here and why they stand out.
Siding Choices From A Professional Installer
- Fiber Cement Siding: Fiber cement siding is the all-around winner when speaking in terms of weather-appropriate siding for Colorado. However, not all fiber cement siding is created the same. Which is why we have a close partnership with the most reliable fiber cement brand in the industry–James Hardie®. It is quite literally one of the strongest and most durable siding products available today. Its resistance to cracking, fading, and warping means it can withstand whatever Colorado’s intense summer heat and winter storms can throw at it–and still look fabulous. Plus, it offers unparalleled protection from birds, insects, hail and even fire.
- Composite Siding: LP SmartSide is a composite siding, similar to fiber cement but with some distinctly different ingredients. This siding also offers unmatched durability against the type of harsh weather we tend to see here. Its amazing impact resistance means that you don’t need to fret every time you see a dark cloud on the horizon. Plus it resists the devastating effects of termites and fungal decay. Best of all it has excellent paint adhesion qualities with much-needed UV resistance to prevent fading due to the intense Colorado sun.
- Diamond Kote Siding: This type of siding is technically a siding is built off of LP® SmartSide® products, an engineered wood composite siding material. It is an incredibly tough coating that when added to LP Smartside is backed by a 30-Year No Fade Finish Warranty and 5/50-Year Limited Siding Systems Warranty. This makes it an excellent choice for any Colorado home because not only is your home safe from the hail and heat Colorado throw at it–but comes with the peace of mind its exceptional warranty bring. Furthermore, it isn’t just perfect for Colorado’s harsh climate but our reputation for a “green state” made from renewable sources with strict adherence to Sustainable Initiative® standards.
- Vinyl Siding: When it comes to price, you really can’t beat vinyl siding. It is the most cost-effective way to clad your Colorado home against everything the weather throws your way. We have a special partnership with Alside Vinyl siding because it provides both functionality and beauty for a vinyl siding option that will satisfy your aesthetic and performance needs. Alside is a premium vinyl siding, meaning it is slightly more expensive than other vinyl options but is well worth the cost since it promotes better insulation for energy efficiency and even has soundproofing qualities. Best of all, Alside vinyl siding is incredibly low maintenance and comes with several attractive design options.
- Wood Siding: There simply is no match for the look of real wood siding, which is why it is something we suggest for Colorado homeowners that want a truly authentic look. The varied selection of colors and wood species available means you can get the look you want easily. Plus this readily available product is fast to install and easy to repair. But easily the best quality of this siding, especially for homes in Colorado is, it is a green siding option. It is 100% biodegradable and easy to find in sustainably sourced options
For more information on any of the sidings we think work for Colorado homes and schedule a free, on-site consultation for pricing, contact us at Siding Colorado today!