Your exterior is designed to protect your home from the elements and is made from durable materials. Nevertheless, at some point all siding needs to be replaced. Cracks and holes in your siding could lead to water damage, infestations, or mold.
If your siding is looking like it’s seen better days, it’s time to start thinking about replacement. Knowing the cost of siding can help you create a budget and make preparations for your project.
Below, we’ve discussed the average cost of siding in Colorado and what factors go into calculating this expense.
What Affects the Cost of Siding?
Before we talk numbers, let’s first discuss the different factors that affect the cost of siding. Siding is unique because unlike some other features like roofing or windows where the process is very straightforward, there are many factors that can affect the install. Both the specifications of your home as well as the siding itself greatly contribute to determining the overall cost. Some of the variables that siding pros look at when calculating cost include:
- Materials – whether it’s vinyl, fiber cement, wood, steel, engineered wood, stucco, or something else
- Brand – a generic, run of the mill brand may be cheaper, but it also won’t be as high quality as a brand like James Hardie or LP SmartSide
- Access – how easy it is to access the home and whether there are any obstructions in the way
- Layout – the layout and architectural style of your home also affect the cost
- Size – the size of your home affects the cost of materials and labor
- Quality of service – the education, skill, and experience of the contractor
- Warranty – manufacturer and labor warranties
- Season – whether it’s peak season or off-season and if there are any adverse weather conditions
- Cost of materials – supply and demand dictates the cost of materials like wood, stone, etc.
Average Siding Cost in Colorado
Because there are so many variables that contribute to the cost of siding, it’s difficult to give an average. While vinyl siding may cost only about $5 per square foot other materials like stone could cost as much as $40 per square foot. In general, homeowners spend about $4,300 to $15,800 depending on the size of the home, materials, and the variables mentioned above.
Our Siding Installation Costs
Here at Siding Colorado, we try our very best to keep our prices competitive and affordable while also providing you with quality materials and a good experience. In general, our siding installation costs usually run about $12-15 per square foot.
Get a Quote
Looking for more information? Call our office to get an estimate on the cost of siding for your Colorado home or to speak to an expert about your plans.