In Colorado, durability is a crucial factor for siding. Just think about what your siding endures over the course of a year! From freezing cold temperatures and snow to extreme summer heat, your exterior takes a major beating. That’s why we recommend LP Siding in Colorado. Below, we’ve shared some of the benefits of this incredible brand of engineered wood siding and what it can do for your home.
Why LP Siding and Not Traditional Cedar?
You may have considered cedar siding for your home at some point or another. We don’t blame you – wood is gorgeous! But we do want to warn you… it’s important to realize what you’re getting into. Wood requires a lot of maintenance. And in Colorado, it can be risky because of all the snow and rain we get. If you’re not careful, wood can rot.
That’s why we recommend LP Siding for your Colorado home as an alternative. It has the same gorgeous texture, color, and aesthetic as wood, but is much more durable and requires less upkeep.
Additional Benefits of LP Siding in Colorado
Not only is LP Siding a great alternative to traditional cedar, but it’s also a practical choice for many other reasons too such as:
- Hail resistant: This is a big perk for Coloradoans! No longer will you have to worry and bite your nails every time a hail storm comes through! LP Siding is resistant to hail up to 1.75 inches in diameter.
- Moisture, mold, and rot resistant: Imagine going through all the effort of replacing your siding, then dealing with rot or mold five years later. No thanks! Good thing LP Siding is moisture resistant!
- Faster installation: Faster installation means lower labor costs and a shorter time period when your home is under construction.
- More durable than other options: It’s more durable than vinyl, aluminum, wood, and fiber cement.
- Freeze/thaw resistant: Freeze/thaw cycles in the winter and spring can cause some materials to crack. Engineered wood, however, doesn’t have this issue so you won’t have to worry.
For more information on the benefits of LP Siding in Colorado, please contact our office.
About The Author: Martin Faith
Martin Faith is the founder and owner of Siding Colorado. Shortly after moving to Colorado from Scotland, Martin had a negative experience with a local home improvements contractor, which inspired him to start his own company. Siding Colorado was born which quickly became the largest and most successful siding company in the area. Martin and his team have experience installing siding of all types, including vinyl, fiber cement, wood, and steel, for a range of residential and commercial buildings. They are trusted by homeowners all throughout the state of Colorado, including the Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, and Colorado Springs metro regions.
More posts by Martin Faith